Every week we are going to send out a fruit or vegetable to get kids (and some adults) to try new foods. This week we are encouraging kids to "experiment" with garnet yams, which are often times called sweet potatoes.
Sweet potatoes are amazing because they are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber! A single cup serving is packed with 769% of the Daily Value of Vitamin A, 65% of the Daily Value of Vitamin C and 50% of the Daily Value of Manganese. They are great for gut health, have 4 grams of protein, they are great for your eyes, have cancer fighting antioxidants, they can boost your immune system, and support brain health. With all that goodness, let's cook up some sweet potatoes!
Some recipes we think you will love...
1. Loaded Sweet Potato Skins from Sally's Baking Addiction! How can you go wrong with bacon + cheese!
2. Sweet Potato Pie Cupcakes from How Sweet Eats!
3. Sweet Potato Hummus from Vegetarian Ventures!
4. Rosemary Sweet Potato Stackers from Kim's Healthy Eats!
5. Salt + Vinegar Sweet Potato Chips from Creme de la Crumb!
6. Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Balsamic Brown Butter from Just a Taste!
7. Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quesadillas from Cook Nourish Bliss!
8. Sweet Potato + Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Running to the Kitchen!
9. The BEST Sweet Potato Fries from Gimme Some Oven!
10. Easy Sweet Potato Latkes from Tablespoon!
If you try out a recipe, be sure to take a picture and tag us at #acmefarmsandkitchen or #acmekids! Every week we will select one picture to win a $25 gift certificate.
Have a great weekend!